Good news! Like the Common Application, the Coalition Application Essay Prompts will remain the same for the 2018-19 cycle. Here they are:
You can start working on these essays at any time and save drafts in your Locker! While there is no perfect length for an essay, we recommend that you stay with 500 to 550 words. For more information on specific application requirements, please consult the website for each institution to which you are applying, as requirements often vary.
The prompts for the 2017-19 application years are:
- Tell a story from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it.
- Describe a time when you made a meaningful contribution to others in which the greater good was your focus. Discuss the challenges and rewards of making your contribution.
- Has there been a time when you’ve had a long-cherished or accepted belief challenged? How did you respond? How did the challenge affect your beliefs?
- What is the hardest part of being a teenager now? What’s the best part? What advice would you give a younger sibling or friend (assuming they would listen to you)?
- Submit an essay on a topic of your choice.